Data Center Project EngineerFlorham Park, NJ
For over 30 years, medium-sized enterprises, large international corporations, and public institutions have trusted Axians redtoo, Inc. solutions expertise when it comes to IT-related matters. Axians offers a comprehensive range of solutions and services spanning Data Analytics, Cybersecurity, Enterprise PMO, Operational Excellence, IT Consulting, and Technical Writing. We assist companies to quickly and flexibly realign processes to tackle digital challenges, safeguard competitiveness, develop new market potential, and drive down costs by providing the best of technology with a human touch. As we always say, “IT is in our DNA.”
Axians is a VINCI Energies brand.
We are seeking a highly motivated Data Center Project Engineer to join our innovative and dynamic global IT services company. The position will be remote with the candidate residing from the Tri-State area and/or the San Diego, CA region.
In this role the Data Center Project Engineer will provide the following technical support for the data center remediation effort:
- Interact with Datacenter team and collaborate to execute the scope of the remediation project.
- Support Integration Program's Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) and related project activity.
- Oversee the CAR and related activity to completion, including execution of the remediation plan, migration plan and decommissioning / disposal of assets as needed and in collaboration with the Infrastructure team.
- Support in the deployment and implementation of various compute, storage, networking, converged infrastructure, backup, power cooling and other infrastructure specific devices.
- Working with Datacenter & Hosting Services (Client) / TIS (Technical Infrastructure Services), define requirements, develop configurations, and coordinate installations required for the CAR; drive solution options to meet business requirements.
- Draft supporting documentation as required.
- Coordinate with other program / project personnel for equipment orders and installation on behalf of TIS service lines.
- Coordinate third party statements of work or contracts and engagement timelines on behalf of TIS service lines as needed.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure alignment with priority objectives and timely and accurate completion of required steps.
- Create and maintain workload and device inventories (Virtual and physical).
- Coordinate onboarding of net-new and existing infrastructure onto support processes, such as but not limited to, Service Now CMDB.
- Establish project plans and maintain risk/issue registers as needed.
- Track progress on the execution of the project plans and report status to the Client project tower lead.
- Follow company’s project management methodology for project deliverables, status reports and reviews
- Present all CAR activities within the defined scope
- Present periodic status reports and dashboards on completed and remaining activities to project sponsors/stakeholders/steering committees
- Real-time escalation of issues to management on items requiring management attention
- Deep knowledge of data center operations and facilities management.
- Previous experience implementing data center remediation projects.
- Stakeholder management within a global company setting.
- Project management with in a highly matrixed organization.
As an Axians redtoo, Inc. employee, you will be eligible for a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes PTO.
Why should you join Axians?
As a VINCI Energies brand, we are part of a community that is infused with strong values, social ethics, and employee success. Putting employees first and centering our strategic decision making around what is in the best interests of our clients is inherent to the Axians culture. We continuously invest in people to build up their knowledge, know-how, and interpersonal skills.
Does this sound like you? Please follow through by clicking the Apply link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon. In the meantime, please visit our website at www.axiansredtoo.us and follow our social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture, and where a career at Axians can take you.
Axians is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.