Software License Management AnalystFort Worth, TX
Axians redtoo recently brought its almost 30 years of experience in IT and consulting solutions to the Axians family. As both strategic advisors and a full-service IT provider, our customers' core businesses benefit through our optimization of their business processes and effectively implementing their technology investment.
We are seeking a Software License Management Analyst to join our fast growing and dynamic global IT consulting company.
As a Software License Management Analyst you will be responsible for daily and strategic management and control of the software portfolio to optimize the value, cost, and risk of software. You will track, maintain, and coordinate license and maintenance agreement renewals and procurements. You will develop reports that pull data from various sources showing license entitlements, installations, usage, renewal, procurement status, and data gaps and research and develop standardized SAM processes. You will work closely with subject matter experts, including system architects, system administrators, project and program managers, financial managers, and engineers to obtain critical information required for the management of software. You will drive decisions regarding software licensing models and terms that have a direct impact on the client's IT environment.
- Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in repositories to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost.
- Develop and implement tools, processes, and procedures to automate the collection, storage and reporting of key software data so that the products can be managed across the enterprise in an effective manner.
- Continuously assesses tool capabilities for software Client, inventory, and meter software use for key vendor products.
- Provide analysis of the software data that can be used to drive key business decisions.
- Work Legal to interpret software agreements, determine use rights and provide key terms and conditions summaries. Ensure compliance by comparing current and future usage plans with those rights.
- Assist in resolving non-compliance issues. Ensure existing and planned future usage complies with the use rights.
- Manage Enterprise License true-up & reconciliation. Provide support during software publisher audits. Assist with dispute resolution. Recommend audit defense initiatives.
- Track and ensure notice periods are met for changes and cancellations. Identify savings opportunities through software re-harvesting and license optimization
- Respond to requests from Software Owners, end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management information.
- Stays informed of new and updated software license models and options for key vendor products
- Actively assesses risk and cost take out opportunities and makes recommendations to Software Owners and Software Asset Management leadership to optimize the software asset portfolio.
- Skills Required
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- IT asset management and discovery tools experience(SCCM is a plus)
- Experience facilitating business needs on selected products to ensure that maintenance, support, and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration
- Experience and knowledge of software reclamations
- Experience in reconciling software license positions
- Minimum of 2 years direct SAM experience performing the above tasks
- Knowledge/Experience with ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM) is a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience working with virtual teams essential
Competitive salary and benefits packages