Intermediate Cloud Computing SpecialistMaitland, FL
Axians redtoo recently brought its almost 30 years of experience in IT and consulting solutions to the Axians family. As both strategic advisors and a full-service IT provider, our customers' core businesses benefit through our optimization of their business processes and effectively implementing their technology investment.
We are seeking an Intermediate Cloud Computing Specialist to join our client.
- Designs, modifies, and adapts basic to moderately complex cloud computing technologies, infrastructure, and applications to meet the firm’s needs. Works under general supervision.
- Supports the planning and implementation of cloud infrastructure projects. Researches best practices and collaborates with internal resources to propose and implement optimal designs for different cloud platforms. Creates scripts in various cloud platforms and advises on development of internal systems to achieve proper security, network availability, optimal storage capability, and other functionality.
- Performs automation of workloads to improve performance, reduce costs, reduce maintenance and help improve self-service capabilities. Creates scripts in various cloud platforms to, for example, creates nightly snapshots, automates the recovery of servers following failures, powers on and off servers to reduce costs in the cloud, and performs other automation functions.
- Monitors application and system performance, tracks metrics, collects and analyzes logs. Remediates problem situations as needed.
- Maintains detailed documentation of cloud technology, server, storage and security best practices
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of related experience in Cloud or Virtualization technology.Experience:
- Basic knowledge about routing, switching, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), firewalls, load balancing, subnetting and other entry level networking skills.
- Basic knowledge about Structured Query Language (SQL) and/or Oracle databases.
- Intermediate knowledge about storage capabilities available in a cloud environment, the ability to optimize disk performance and the experience to protect or recover data.
- Intermediate ability to create custom scripts and/or configure orchestration products to complete complex tasks.
- Intermediate background with virtualization technology and hands on experience with the leading cloud providers.
- Intermediate background with Microsoft server products and hands on experience supporting an Active Directory environment.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Possesses good interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks both individually and as a team member.
Environmental Factors: Job requires daily exposure to computer screens.
Preferred Qualifications :
Highly preferred experience in the following:
• AWS Associate level certification
• Experience with the following cloud vendors
o Amazon Web Services
o Microsoft Azure
• Any knowledge of Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp
• Strong PowerShell experience
Competitive salary and benefits packages