Quality Assurance ManagerBranford, CT
Axians redtoo recently brought its almost 30 years of experience in IT and consulting solutions to the Axians family. As both strategic advisors and a full-service IT provider, our customers' core businesses benefit through our optimization of their business processes and effectively implementing their technology investment.
We are seeking a Quality Assuarance Manager to join our cleint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
- Champion company culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance to the QMS systems in place by managing quality policies, standards, procedures, programs and practices while driving other functions in the organization to do the same.
- Lead the improvement of existing/new policies and procedures to maximize productivity while ensuring ongoing compliance with AS9100, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
- Manage all audits by customers and regulatory agencies including but not limited to FAA & FAA Repair, EASA, DER, CAAC, NADCAP and others.
- Establish metrics to monitor QMS effectiveness.
- Monitor and analyze processes and/or product outputs, identifying systemic problems and opportunity areas, providing data and direction to the site(s), and work with team members to drive process improvements to work toward zero-defect quality performance.
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations to drive continuous product quality improvement.
- Work in conjunction with the Supply Chain department to provides support for new supplier qualification and performance monitoring.
- Provide regular communications of quality systems status and metrics. Conduct routine formal AS9100 Management Reviews of the quality system with Senior Management.
- Analyze & Report the nature and scope of customer complaints, internal scrap and other related issues to senior management and lead the problem resolution process using quality techniques (SPC, FMEA, Cause- and- Effect Diagram, etc...).
- Coordinate the control and processing of nonconforming material and oversee the administration of the Material Review Board.
- Ensure completion of internal audits and formal corrective and preventive actions.
- Train, coach, and mentor QA staff and other staff members; plan and conduct performance appraisals of all QA staff.
- Participate in training as required.
- Must be a “US Person” as defined by US Govt. and able to work without restriction with ITAR related data.
- Able to travel domestically and international up to 25%.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard quality assurance principles, practices and procedures, including AS9100 and related FAA requirements.
- Must be comfortable with statistical methods, structured root cause analysis and problem solving methods.
- Excellent organization, documentation, communication and personnel management skills are essential.
- Excellent communications and instruction skills (written and verbal).
- Must work well in small team environment, demonstrating flexibility, attention to detail and a strong drive to achieve company and project success.
- Self-starter, with experience driving toward team-based organizational structure and culture.
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals with limited direction.
- Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required. Degree in an applied science or engineering field preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance in regulated manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Supervisory role.
- Experience in Electronics and/or mechanical aerospace industry experience strongly preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Some light physical effort required.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift at least 15 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, reaching, bending, and moving.
- Ability to work in a Manufacturing environment.
Competitive salary and benefits packages