Automation Engineer 6Dallas, TX
Axians redtoo recently brought its almost 30 years of experience in IT and consulting solutions to the Axians family. As both strategic advisors and a full-service IT provider, our customers' core businesses benefit through our optimization of their business processes and effectively implementing their technology investment.
We are seeking an Automation Engineer 6 to join our client.
Our client is looking for a fully competent, senior level automation engineer to plan, design, and implement complex instrumentation and control systems, SCADA systems, communication networks and advanced computer applications. You will be required to work independently on complex engineering tasks and represent our client at industry conferences. You will actively participate or assist in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, business operations planning and establishing budgets. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Developing SCADA system master plans, performing needs assessments and providing innovative solutions involving SCADA systems, instrumentation, communication networks, radio and cellular communication systems and cyber security practices.
• Leading and facilitating client workshops to build consensus and effect the decision making process.
• Developing plans and specifications for the design of a full range of projects with minimal supervision, including development of P&IDs, SCADA system architectures, control panels layout, instrument installation drawings, loop diagrams, process control descriptions, cyber security policies and procedures.
• Leading the design for medium to large sized projects.
• Working on multiple assignments simultaneously, meeting schedule and budget constraints, and directing the work of other automation staff.
• Performing general constructions services, including shop drawing review, answering RFIs, conducting and witnessing factory and field function tests, and site inspections.
• Performing small to large project programming services including PLC, HMI and reporting software programming of multiple vendors.
• Project management of Automation specific projects, such as master plans studies, designs or programming services within budget, schedule and satisfaction of client.
• Directing the work of junior level automation staff
• Mentoring and training lower level employees in career development, instrumentation, controls, technology, and project management.
• Actively participating or assisting in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, promotion, writing and presenting papers at industry conferences and business operations planning.
• Actively participating or leading complete proposal development efforts to capture automation specific projects
• Developing scope, schedule, budget and staffing of automation services for proposals and project assignments.
• 10 - 13 years of experience since Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's degree in a specialty field: such as electrical, chemical, mechanical or computer engineering
• Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer, by successful completion of the NCEES Engineering Practice Examination is required. If you are not registered in the state in which this position is located, the ability to obtain registration through reciprocity within three months of hire.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point).
• Preference of previous consulting engineering experience with municipal water and wastewater clients.
• Ability to travel to project sites 10-20% of the time
• Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
• Candidate must have excellent client interface skills and ability to develop excellent client relationships.
• Experience with multiple PLC and HMI vendors, SCADA communication systems, radio system design and operation, radio path surveys, Ethernet networking, fiber optic installation, cyber security practices and industry guidelines.
Competitive salary and benefits packages